Thursday, October 1, 2009

Feeling pretty brave

What was I thinking?! I decided t make this blog a little more "public" by posting a link to my Facebook page. I originally did this blog for myself and our close friends and family who wanted updates on our process without feeling like they were bugging us all the time for information. Today I decided that since everyone has been so amazing and supportive, I would share this journey with a broader audience. I hope that by reading about our experiences others can feel informed about the process and what it's like to go through infertility, maybe it helps someone feel a little more hopeful about their own situation, maybe it educates someone so when one of their own close friends or family faces this issue they have a better understanding, and maybe people will just feel a little less shame in facing infertility- a little less lonely.
So, there it is. My Facebook extended friends can now read all about our experience and maybe share it with someone they love who needs some answers and resources. I will do my best over the next few weeks (while we are in the 6 weeks of waiting for transfer #2) to post some helpful sites and resources as well as some suggestions of other blogs I find helpful. Putting all this "out there" will take some thick skin because while most people I know will be extremely compassionate and encouraging, I know there will be the comment or two that is ignorant or insensitive. That's ok- I'm pretty tough. Or at least I can fake it pretty well!
Cheers to the amazing couple who we are lucky to call friends, who led us to the clinic in Colorado- they have been extremely open and honest with us about every step in this process and truly encouraged and celebrated every step with us. I hope to take what I've learned from them, and share those things with everyone who reads this blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holly,
I'm so glad you linked to your FB page. You and Matt have been in my thoughts so often. I've not wanted to pry, but did hope things were going well. Will continue to send positive thoughts your way.
hugs,
Judy Irvin

Katie Corlin Photography said...

Congratulations, Holly - we will be thinking of you both and know that this will have a perfect outcome! Thank you so much for sharing.