Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Date!! We have the Date!

It's official: November 16th is our embryo transfer (ET)! Yeah! I've started the meds to get my body ready: birth control for 2 weeks, Lupron injections, then Doxycycline, Endometrin, Methylpredisolone, and Vivelle patches. I start injections on my birthday. What a treat. I'm willing to do whatever I have to really. I will also be stopping most caffeine (at least the big culprits- coffee, tea, soda), and most alcohol. I can have a drink or 2 here and there, but mostly nothing. I'm trying to work out a bit harder right now so I am prepared to just sit on my bum for a few weeks. Bed rest never sounds like fun, but an excuse to "take it easy"- that's what I'm talking about! We will be in Denver the 15th-19th and then headed back home. I will be "taking it easy" through Thanksgiving weekend and we should have our first results back around that time (we take the first beta test 9 days after transfer). I don't think I will post the results for a while- good or bad. We will just want to process the results ourselves for a little while. So, I apologize if I post about other topics during that time- but I'm sure everyone understands! If not, oh well.
This is the closest we have been in 2 years. We are cautiously optimistic. We are happy to have 3 so that our doctor can transfer 2 and we will still have 1 frozen for the future.
5 weeks and counting....

5 comments:

Tom, Christie, and Shannon Malchow said...

I'm wishing you guys all the luck in the world coming up!

Joann Crawford said...

Well I know what we Fresnans will be thinking about every minute for the next month! Love to you and Matt (and 3 future crawfords).

Mom and Dad

Amy said...

Brian, Chester, Jersey, and I send all of our love and are so hopeful for you!

Katie Corlin Photography said...

You will both be in our thoughts!

Kristen Starr said...

This is so exciting, Holly! Vivelle patches! haha. So quickly it all comes back. Good luck!!!