Saturday, July 11, 2009

Gratitude

I am not sure it is possible to say this enough... I am so grateful that I had a friend who told me all about CCRM and really encouraged me to get their opinion on our situation. I just can't imagine where we'd be at this point, and I feel so well taken care of at that clinic! Amazing. I am a little sad that it so hard for people to find great care in the infertility world- it is a big money business. There are so many physicians out there who take advantage of the vulnerability of couples in this situation. Lots of them are ok, some good, but few clinics are great. They all promise babies. Couples go in debt, or they save for a year or more to try to make their dreams a reality. If they don't know to research certain statistics on clinics nationally, they could be getting nothing more than a good try- without the proper testing, without a quality lab working with the physician (so VERY important). Some get lucky- most do not. Research, research, research! Know the docs stats, know what stats to look for, ask around to find out who people are going to see and what they think about the physician and what their results have been. Ask a lot of questions, and if you aren't satisfied, get another opinion. Ok, that was my public service announcement!

No comments: